Built around the Wildwood Green Golf Course, Wildwood Green consists of 242 homes. While the neighborhood is relatively new and was started in the mid 80’s but the Wildwood Green Golf Course has been around for quite some time now.
It was in 1955 that PGA professional and Carolina Country Club’s pro player, Ralph Lang sensed that there was immense scope for another golf course in the Raleigh area. And it was only aftersurveying several other areas that he finally decided in favor of Wildwood Green. Originally covered by several hardwood trees, pine trees, cornfields and other plants this 124 acre piece of land was considered so very much off Raleigh city’s limits that it was listed not in Raleigh Telephone book but Durham’s telephone directory.
The Wildwood Green Golf Course finally got completed in 1960 and Mrs. Lang christened it as Wildwood Green. The golf course initially served only the most affluent in the triangle area and was host to numerous tournaments. Over a period of time several tennis courts and a magnificent swimming pool too were built. With Ralph Lang’s death and tougher competition from other golf courses, Wildwood Green began losing much of its clientele and the family decided to convert it into a golf community.
Thus, this is how Wildwood Green’s journey from a golf course to a neighborhood with a semi-private golf course began. The golf course has been given a major facelift and somewhere in 1996 about $1.6 million was spent on renovation and building newer facilities.
HOA: Dickson Properties 919-459-1860
Rentals: Bev Roberts 919-306-5665
Sales: Michael McLaughlin 919-741-1441